- Install a programmable thermostat to save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs
- Close window shades in the summer to keep the hot sun out and open them in the winter to let the warm rays in
- Clean or change furnace and A/C filters regularly
- Seal air leaks and properly insulate to save up to 20% on heating and cooling bills
Home Energy Savings Tips - Residential - New Hampshire Gas - Liberty
Top Home Energy Efficiency Tips
Everyone wants to conserve energy these days. Whether you are trying to save money or be environmenally conscious, these tips can help you achieve your goal!
Energy Saving Tips - Water Use
For more Energy Saving Tips, click HERE.
- Turn off all lights, appliances, and electronics not in use. A power strip can help you turn off multiple items at once
- Change to new and improved light bulbs
- Reduce energy use from about a third to as much as 80% with today's increasing number of energy-efficient LEDs
- Wash all clothes in cold water to save $63 a year
- Use low-flow faucets and shower heads to save on water bills. Using less water also means heating less water.
- Reduce water heater temperature to 120°F to save energy and money on water heating
- Wrap water storage tanks in specially-designed "blankets" to retain the heat
Look for the ENERGY STAR label, the government's symbol of energy-efficiency, on a wide range of consumer products to save up to 30% on related electricity bills. Some products may even qualify for rebates.
Interested in other ways to save energy and reduce costs? Liberty continues to collect information specific to different types of businesses and home energy considerations available to you here.